"Can I fit in your suitcase, Kayla?" Questions and Answers with Kiddos

Featuring: Matty, Ella, & Brynn 





So I'm writing this up as I can't fall asleep due to excitement about leaving tomorrow along with the little voice in my head telling me that I forgot to pack something.... Finals week was lots of fun, which we established is possible, I had meals with people I loved, took a selfie with my favorite Ray worker Dot and then came home to LI! On Monday my mom had a little get together so people could say goodbye. 






Here is a collection of the questions that my little cousins and brothers have asked me.




"You're leaving on Sunday, for college?"-Ella


Close, Ella. Close. In case you all don't know, I am leaving the U.S.A. on Wednesday, May 17! I will not be heading to Providence College just yet, I am headed to Sydney, Australia! Well... first to Newark, NJ; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; and then Sydney, NSW, Australia! It's quite the trip so I'm bringing a lot to keep me entertained! My carry on is stuffed with books, an iPad loaded with shows to watch and a journal to jot in. 

Thanks for the question Ella!


"Why?" -Brynn

Another good question from the peanut gallery! Well, I have a few answers to this question. I really love kids and I love working with people with disabilities. So to have an opportunity to combine both with an environment of faith as St. Lucy's is run by the Dominican Sisters in Sydney, Australia is so exciting. I've really grown in my faith at PC over the past 3 years so getting to explore it in a new place is really exciting! Also, I am really excited to have the chance to go abroad since it doesn't really fit in my academic schedule at PC as a chem major. So, Why? Because! I wanted to, I was given this opportunity, and I'm going! 

Thanks for the question Brynny!
Sorry, no pics of Brynn, she didn't want to take a selfie!




"What's so good about Florida?"- Ella 

Oh my, this made me laugh when she first asked, and it still makes me laugh now! To be honest, I don't know exactly what is so great about Australia just yet! I'll find out and get back to you on that one! Check back here for some answers everyone! 

Hahahahaha, Still Laughing, love it, Ella!



"Can I fit in your suitcase, Kayla?"- Matty

My sweet, sweet Matthew. Unfortunately, you cannot fit in my luggage. Though you sure tried!! Somehow I managed to fit everything I need into my suitcases without going over the weight limits! (Or so I think) 


I will definitely miss everyone and everything here on Long Island and back in Providence, but Matty is the one I'll miss the most! Although I will miss you all, I am extremely excited to head off to Sydney in the morning! I'm putting Matthew on the bus, driving to Newark to meet up with Becky, and we're off! Look for a post in a few days about the actual travel and my first taste of the Aussie air! (Plus an eventual explanation of  "All In"... I promise, it's coming)

Good night, folks! Please stick around for some awesome travel pics, St. Lucy's stuff, and Aussie Adventures! 


Not so super secret bonus track:

"Don't get punched in the nose by any kangaroos"- Poppop (my wild grandfather)

IMPORTANT NOTE: All In: The Aussie Adventure is formatted so that it is best viewed on a computer in full screen otherwise the text may look a little funny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finals Fun:Taco Fest and Packing

Running Through Boston Airport, Accidental Naps, and Basketball Shoe Shopping

Food and Fellowship