Finals Before Flights: A Welcome Post

Finals?

I thought this was a blog about traveling to Australia??

It is! I promise!

I'll give you a glimpse at the important parts of my to-do list:

1. Finish finals
2. Make a Blog (Check!)
3. Pack up my apartment
4. Pack for Australia
5. Say goodbye to the USA
6. Fly to Australia! [There it is, everyone]
7. Go All In!

Welcome to:


All In: The Aussie Adventure!





I guess a formal introduction and welcome is in order. My name is Kayla Marie Krongel and I am a student in the Class of 2018 at Providence College in Providence, Rhode Island, USA. I wear several hats: I'm a chemistry major with a strong interest in psychology (go figure). I am a part of several on-campus organizations with missions that range from Relay for Life to Faith to Reducing Food Waste. I am also a Direct Support Professional at Maryhaven Center of Hope in Yaphank, NY on Long Island where I work with developmentally disabled adults! I have three brothers and lovely parents and a really great family!


Just a picture to say hi!

While those are all very important aspects of my identity, what brings you to my blog and me to writing a blog is the Father Smith Fellowship Program at Providence College. I was selected along with 8 other undergraduate PC students to pursue study or service abroad during the Summer of 2017. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity as the program is allowing me to combine my interests of service and faith with my curiosity of what the rest of the world is like! Through the generosity of current and former members of the Board of Trustees at PC, this fellowship is funded to allow for all of the fellows to embrace this opportunity to the fullest.

I will be traveling alongside fellow Smith Fellow, Becky Simon, to Sydney, Australia to serve at St. Lucy's School for children with a wide range of disabilities. I am excited to embrace the Australian culture and learn about how St. Lucy's approaches education and care of people with disabilities. This is also my first experience working with children with disabilities as all of my prior work has been with adults.

You may be curious about what the name of my blog means and what #7 on my to-do list means. If so, that means I did my job right! You'll have to stay tuned and check back here to learn what it means to me to go "All In" and to hear about my adventures this summer!

For now: Wish me luck on my finals! :) 




Comments

  1. How cool & exciting!! Have a fabulous time!! Good luck on finals! You got this!! 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finals Fun:Taco Fest and Packing

Running Through Boston Airport, Accidental Naps, and Basketball Shoe Shopping

Food and Fellowship