Finals Fun:Taco Fest and Packing


Fun... and Finals....



(Sorry, I'm a Spongebob fan) 

Yes! It is possible to have fun during finals week! As the countdown to departing for Australia is down to the single digits, I thought I'd pop in and update you on the happenings of Kayla as I prepare for the Aussie Adventure! Classes are over and this next week is filled with free time to study, pack things up from my on-campus apartment, and see friends before summer break begins!

This year I have the added fun of figuring out what to bring to Sydney for 6 weeks! That is definitely a process as I have never been before. While May- early July in the States it is beginning to warm up for Summer; in Australia, it is the beginning of Winter. As a Long Island girl, Winter is filled with cold weather and snow. From my understanding, Winter in Australia is much more temperate and the chances of snow are... well... nonexistent. If anyone has any suggestions on what to bring with me abroad; leave me a comment!

One of the things that I'll be doing while in Sydney and Cairns is posting some posts specifically about an individual adventure or locale that I come across and am really taken by! I figured I could use the practice, so I'm going to tell you all about Taco Fest:



Taco Fest 

(Yum!)

Tacos, Music, Friends, and More Tacos! What could be better?

I heard about Taco Fest on Facebook since that's my main news source nowadays and was instantly hooked. I love tacos and adventure so I couldn't wait to head into downtown Providence and enjoy some tasty food and check out some local vendors. After a few nudges in the right direction, my friend Kate decided to join me on an "I'd rather go eat tacos than study" quest.

After quite a bit of searching for a parking spot down by Westminster Street, we finally spotted a single spot that we could squeeze the Corolla into and get our Taco Fest on! As we walked along the street to the festival the sound of music playing and people laughing, eating, and talking filled my ears. I broke out into a huge smile; this is exactly what I was looking for on this Saturday afternoon.


The crowd was filled with people from all walks of life. There were families with kids, college students, dogs and vendors galore! These vendors sold everything ranging from records to homemade crafts to giant coconuts to drink out of. We were focused on the tacos first and hopped into the line for one of the taco trucks that lined the street. We could smell the delicious tacos and our mouths were watering as we saw the people in front of us get their tacos.

Finally, I reached the front of the line and ordered chicken tacos and chorizo tacos. Chorizo is a sort of Mexican sausage; it was really tasty and well seasoned! I do recommend chorizo next time you have the opportunity to have some. Kate and I enjoyed our tasty tacos as we walked among the crowds and looked at the vendor's offerings. We ran into some other Providence College students as one may expect at a festival right down the road from PC!


(An adorable doggo playing with
one of those coconuts I was talking about)

We ended our adventure with a macaron each from a really cute cart from Ellie's Bakery in Providence! These macarons were mini-icecream sandwiches that were margarita flavored and chocolate (with a spicy kick!)flavored. They were both super tasty, so tasty in fact that I didn't get the chance to snap a picture! This is where my Taco Fest adventure ended.

Back to school, I went, studying and packing and creating an Australia bucket list were on my agenda. As I work through my pre-Australia to-do list, I hope to have time to work on explaining my notion of going all in to all of you. Leave me a message if you want me to talk about something in particular!

For now, all I have to say is:  Peace, Love, and Go Friars!


Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun distraction from finals! You got these exams! What is your actual date you leave for Australia? Fun times ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaving on May 17th! Thanks for reading my blog Aunt Carole!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Running Through Boston Airport, Accidental Naps, and Basketball Shoe Shopping

Food and Fellowship